This endpoint is used to send form submission data to HubSpot using authentication. As this API is authenticated, it is not necessary to list the submitted form fields in the definition beforehand. However, the properties used must still be compatible for use in forms.
Form submissions from external sources can be made to any registered HubSpot form. You can see a list of forms on your account by navigating to Marketing > Lead Capture > Forms. This endpoint should not be used with non-HubSpot forms. When reviewing your forms, any non-HubSpot form will display a Non-HubSpot form label.
We recommend creating a unique form in HubSpot to parallel your custom website form. This will make it easy to track submissions on that particular custom form in the future.
Looking for the legacy
x-www-form-urlencoded endpoint? You can find the details for that endpoint here.
This endpoint has the following rate limits:
- Free/Starter accounts: 100 requests/10 seconds
- Professional/Enterprise accounts: 150 requests/10 seconds
- Accounts with the API Add On: 200 requests/10 seconds
- The fields in the form will correspond to contact properties set up for the HubSpot account. Please see the Contacts API and Contact Properties API for more details.
- While endpoint has a higher rate limit than the unauthenticated v3 Form Submission endpoint, it does not support CORS. If you're sending a CORS request, please use the unauthenticated v3 Form Submission endpoint instead.
- When backdating a form submission's submittedAt timestamp value, the contact's Original Source value may be affected if the contact's first page view is after the submittedAt timestamp value.
- When using this endpoint to integrate custom forms with HubSpot, keep in mind that the available endpoints do not log any API calls. Users will need to store their own logs.